Romance is alive in the Dallas / Fort Worth area, even if you're on a budget. Just a 2-3 hour walk north of the Texas border in McCurtain County, Oklahoma, you will find the Beavers Bend State Park area. Here your efforts will be rewarded with all the natural beauty, tranquility and privacy you need for a romantic time with this special. You won't believe you're so close to home, as McCurtain feels like a world away.
Here are 6 ideas for a cheap romantic holiday near Dallas / Fort Worth in McCurtain County:
1. Polish your skills in the old-fashioned art of conversation: As renowned love doctors and Abby's dear guys all over the world have been saying for centuries, one sure way to rekindle your love affair is through quality communication. Engaging in easy, fun conversations about anything – especially in a beautiful environment can stimulate the mind, body and soul and bring romantic feelings to both of you on a long way. Beavers Bend State Park near Dallas / Fort Worth has acres of virgin forests, lakes and mountains to serve as a backdrop for heartwarming romantic conversations. A slow walk in the beautiful forests can give rise to many romantic ideas.
2. Rediscover your love of board games: How long has it been since you played Scrabble, Parcheesi, Checkers, Dominos or Monopoly? Or put together a puzzle? For us, I'll bet. In the wired world of MP3 players, PDAs and text messages, it's easy to forget some of the simplest hobbies you've used so much. If your memories of simpler times include playing your favorite games at home or in your yard, imagine playing them against the backdrop of an area that LIFE magazine voted one of the "100 Places to See in Your Life" .
3. Get wild and night sky friendly: Beavers Bend State Park has wildlife that you will find difficult to find in the D / FW Metroplex: deer, turkeys, rabbits, quail, hundreds of different species of birds, an occasional black bear and even migrating bald eagles! Speaking of long walks or sitting just outside your cabin, you and your specialist will be given plenty of opportunities to spend time with the flora and fauna that make the area famous for its beauty. At night, the stars do not go beyond city lights and you will find stars and planets, the Milky Way and constellations you have not seen in a long time … if ever.
4. Luxury cabin rental: In McCurtain County there are several suppliers of luxury cabins, many of which are complete with kitchens, fireplaces and hot tubs. Start your culinary adventure by traveling to the local grocery store, choosing your favorite vegetables, pasta and meats. Then enjoy the lunch or dinner you cooked together by the window or outside while watching the wildlife. Of course, a glass of wine and a jacuzzi spell should warm things up as well.
5. Picnic next to a picturesque stream: Picnics are one of the most classic-romantic activities a couple can take part in. The food, the drinks, the blanket, the surroundings – can all add to the romance of the big time. In McCurtain County, you don't have to go far to find the perfect spot to roll out your blanket, roll out your basket and enjoy each other's company on a luxurious feast or vanilla and jelly sandwich. Whether you choose to prepare your own food in your cabin or buy a ready meal at one of the local grocery stores, picnics are a great way to create a romantic atmosphere.
6. Enjoy a glass of wine on your own private terrace under the stars: If you're a wine lover, bring a bottle or two with you to the romantic McCurtain County vacation getaway. Whether your imagination is red or white wine, you'll enjoy it more as you sit on your private terrace looking at the scenery in an area that the Dallas Observer voted "Best Getaway from Dallas." The fresh smell of pine trees and the infinitely star-like sky that extends above you – combined with the ambrosia from a glass of your favorite wine – will work together as natural aphrodisiacs.
McCurtain County's Beavers Bend State Park offers countless opportunities to experience the romantic moments that most couples don't get as often as they want. If you live in the Dallas / Fort Worth area and are trying to create some very romantic moments for you, get in the car this weekend and take the short 2-3 hour drive to McCurtain County. Doing so could work wonders for your love.